Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tops & Powers of 10 by Charles & Ray Eames


Many years ago...around the end of my college years or maybe just after, I went to see: "Work of Charles and Ray Eames: A Legacy of Invention" at the LA County Museum of Art. I was already familiar with them as designers, but had no idea how wonderful that exhibit would be! It is an experience that I will always remember. Not sure why the memory popped into my head this week, but it got me onto Youtube looking for links to the short films that they made throughout their careers. "Tops" is one of my favorites (see it above). There is also "The Power Of Ten", which is pretty interesting. (see below)

Charles & Ray were an important part of Herman Miller, who produced most of their furniture designs. http://www.hermanmiller.com/Designers/Eames If you are not familiar with them, I encourage you to take a look. They are truly inspirational and a good reminder that some of the best things in life take time to evolve. And for a bit on how far their influences have reached, enjoy this into from the Simpson's, titled Universe:

No comments:

Post a Comment