Saturday, October 23, 2010

Vintage Shoe Collection & more owls!

My friend posted a pic of some of her shoes on her blog...said they were some of her favorites. I loved this idea and since vintage shoes are a subject of one of my many collections that I consider a favorite, I thought I'd share a couple of pics with ya! The line of black lace-ups are from the 1970s. I think they are all West German made and of course they are men's shoes originally, but I love the style, toe detail and heel!
This group includes a 1970s blue suede pair, a tan leather & suede 1970s Twiggy style and my old favorite 1960s Ladies Florsheim pumps that I got for $2!


In addition to my shoes, my owls seem to have become a favorite of mine too! In addition to Leanna Lin's Wonderland in Los Angeles (that I've blogged about previously; take a look here for a recent write up: Leanna Lin’s Wonderland: Japanese pop culture cute meets retro whimsy - Los Angeles art scene | Examiner.com), I recently got them into a local store! Who's Your Betty on College Ave. in the Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland is now carrying them! http://www.stitchesforbitches.com/ This store is super cute and has an amazing selection of jewelry, bags, pouches, hair decorations, kids things, etc. all with a bit of a rock and roll edge. My friend Mireya from El Ponk! is also selling her handpainted wallets there. (www.elponk.com, www.elponk.blogspot.com, www.elponk.etsy.com)


This is the last large group of owls I made and are now partially in Leanna Lin's Wonderland and partially with El Ponk...so if you're in LA and want an owl, go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment