Monday, October 4, 2010

Today's musing...



I finished my book. I've been reading Jack Kerouac's "On the Road" for the past few months. Lunchtime reading...maybe 15 minutes at a time. Each day, I eagerly awaited the opportunity to get back to the lives of Dean, Sal and friends. This book reminded me how the wanderlust of life is so important to human existance...well, maybe more specifically, to my existance! This book reminded me to sieze life with all I have...take chances and follow dreams. I read the final words of the final chapter on the bus while crossing the Bay Bridge back home into Oakland. At first I was disappointed that I had not completed the book in a more grand location...but then I realized that where I was could not have been more perfect. I was "on the road", crossing the very same bridge that Sal Paradise had so many times. My destination may not have been nearly as far as his, but this thought brought a smile to my face. I looked out the window and saw the familiar bank of fog on the Bay and knew this was the perfect location to complete this story that brought adventure back into my imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment