Monday, October 4, 2010

Clifton's Cafeteria! A bit o' magic in Downtown LA









Last weekend I spent a few days in LA. Saturday afternoon, my mom, brother & his girlfriend and my friend went out for lunch at Clifton's. It's been a while since I've been there, but every time I go, it amazes me that there is still something like that in existance in Los Angeles! So many of the cool old buildings and locations have been torn down, built over or gutted and turned into lofts/condos. My friend told me there is something going on with Clifton's, but hopefully they will be able to stay there for as many more years as they've been there already! Walking into Clifton's is like walking back into time. My mom grew up in South Gate and used to come shopping Downtown and have lunch here in the 1950s and 60s. It's truely a magical experience waiting for you to visit in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles on Broadway @ 7th St.
http://www.cliftonscafeteria.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment