Sunday, July 31, 2011

Yarn Bombing...Crocheted Graffiti

Okay, so if you're like me (grew up crocheting, knitting, sewing, etc), something like this might pique your interest as well. How cool is it to create public (unapproved) art in the dead of the night or any other time that people might not be looking or paying attention?! I've had my eye on this movement for a little while now and I find it an interesting alternative to spray paint. It's still colorful, illegal (yes, it is defacing public property), can be used to mark territory (if that's what you're into) and is a creative/artistic endeavor...much the same as spray painted graffiti. However, the huge difference is that it is not permanent and does not damage the object it is applied to. I recently saw a post on Apartment Therapy: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/outdoor/yarn-bombing-the-guerrilla-knit-graffiti-movement-151393

I borrowed a couple of images from that article to include here.


No comments:

Post a Comment