Thursday, July 7, 2011

An update about my baby doggy, Shuka

So, it's been almost 2 months since I first posted about my dog, her injury and the problems/expense that all of this entails. I've spent a lot of time researching the injury. There is no doubt that the ideal thing would be to go with the surgery, but I think that decision would also be based on the ideal patient. Unfortunately, in order for me to keep my dog in a resting state, I'd have to heavily drug her and that's not something I want to do. The surgery would include at least 8 weeks of recovery, which given her current state of extreme separation anxiety, would be an extremely stressful 8 weeks for both her and me. Actually, I'm not really sure how I'd be able to manage it at all. So, as the best alternative, I've started working with a behaviouralist. Thanks to the East Bay SPCA, I've been put in touch with an amazing woman. I have my work cut out for me, but I'm hoping that it will pay off and will allow Shuka to live her final years out in a more relaxed state. So, until the next update, here are some pics and she and I. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment