Sunday, July 31, 2011

Food & Bevvie adventures of late

Last weekend was so pretty and warm! On days like that, when I find myself with a somewhat lazy afternoon on my hands, I crave a refreshing bevvie. When I was a kid, my mom used to make me 7-Up floats, which basically consisted of 7-Up poured over vanilla ice cream. This lovely treat (below) is a variation on the original. I substituted coconut ice cream for the vanilla and viola'!

Sharing this pic so I can share a bit of my misfortune. Unfortunately, another cool vintage glass has gone by the wayside courtesy of my slippery hands while washing it. :(


A week or so ago, I hopped into the back seat of my Casual Carpool driver to find a huge basket of fresh plums from her tree. I commented on how pretty they were and how they reminded me of being a kid and how many plums I ate one summer. Before I excited the car, she offered me one. I had no idea how juicy and sweet they would be! Had to take a pic of the juicy insides! Yummmmmmmm!


And, another public transport food related pic, on the bus home last week, I happened to choose the seat where rib bones were left behind! I could smell the greasy aroma, even though those things were gnawed dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment