Monday, February 14, 2011

Ahhh sweet memories of childhood!



When I was a young girl, I fell in love the beautiful illustrations found on so many sheet music covers from the 19-teens and 20s. Growing up wandering around swap meets, yard sales and flea markets from the youngest age I can remember, I suppose it was natural that by the time I was 11 or 12, I had fallen in love with the romantic colors and illustration style from this era. What a surprise to me when I came across the image above! The memory associated with this has not been on my mind for years, but when I scrolled down the page tonight while doing some inspiration research and saw this...I stopped short! I had this same piece framed and hanging on my bedroom wall for many, many years and it helped to provide many happy dreams! I hope it will bring a smile to your face, as it did to mine tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment