Sunday, May 9, 2010

Three Heads Six Arms....Public Art in SF



Last week, crossing the Bay Bridge on my way into SF for work, I noticed a flat bed truck in the lane next to me. It had several pieces of what appeared to be a large sculpture. Bronze in color and looking like a Thai Buddha, it definitely caught my eye and I wished I had time to snap a pic. Well, this morning, I open my email and Daily Candy's Sunday Events and Diversaries shared a little insight on this with me. Here's their excerpt:

WITNESS
“Three Heads Six Arms”
What: The U.S. unveiling of celebrated Chinese artist Zhang Huan’s largest sculpture to date, part of a series depicting fragmented extremities of Buddhist statues.
Why: Finally an answer to the age-old question, “What has three heads, six arms, and no legs?”
When: Dedication ceremony, Wed., 10 a.m.
Where: Civic Center Plaza, Larkin St., b/t McAllister & Grove Sts. (415-537-4200).

Also, take a look on the SF Arts Commission website for further details.
http://www.sfartscommission.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment